At Katz Law Offices in Manhattan and Staten Island — widely recognized as katzlawyers.com — we know people rarely hire us to avoid paying a fine. Our clients' reasons for wanting an attorney skilled and aggressive in fighting speeding tickets and moving violations are more critical and far reaching.
In addition to serious concerns about driver's license suspension due to accumulation of tickets or points, questions we hear often include, "What causes auto insurance to increase?" and "What is this ticket really going to cost me in the long term?". You can turn to Seth Katz for straight answers on whether you should fight a speeding ticket or moving violation, and on what our firm may be able to accomplish for you.
Aggressive Defense or Negotiation Could Save You Thousands in the Long Run
Some key considerations involving the impact of New York speeding tickets, moving violations and driving crimes on your auto insurance include:
- Any DWI conviction or accumulation of certain other offenses will have a serious, long-term impact on auto insurance costs.
- Auto insurance companies use different "point systems" than the New York DMV — treating four-point speeding tickets more seriously than two-point violations, to cite one example — and we can help you evaluate your specific situation accordingly.
- In these days of powerful databases and rapid electronic communication, insurance companies almost always pick violations up and increase rates at renewal time or even sooner.
- In today's challenging economy, trucking companies and other employers have become much more apt to fire a commercial driver who incurs one violation than in the past.
- Being caught driving without insurance brings substantial criminal fines and other severe consequences. If your auto insurance coverage lapses, the DMV can impose a driver's license suspension as well.
Get Clear Counsel From an Active NY Traffic Violations and Accident Attorney
Your desire to avoid or lessen a major auto insurance rate increase is one of many excellent reasons to contact Seth Katz and katzlawyers.com. We also serve as skilled New York auto insurance dispute lawyers, prepared to advocate aggressively for you after an injury-causing motor vehicle accident.