Contact an Experienced New York Drunk Driving Lawyer
An arrest for drunk driving can result in loss of your license. A conviction can lead to much more. If you have been charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), you need the type of aggressive representation that New York City DWI lawyer Seth Ian Katz provides at Katz Lawyers. With more than a decade of experience handling DWI and traffic charges throughout New York State, he has a clear understanding of New York's DUI laws and the defenses available to you.
Our Objective in DWI Defense
Our job in defending you against your New York DWI charges is threefold:
- Keep you on the road
- Keep you in possession of your car
- Keep you out of jail
Minimizing the Impact Following Your DWI Arrest
If you have been charged with DUI, you can lose your license even before you have had a chance to defend yourself in your criminal trial. At the Katz Lawyers, we can represent you in both the criminal court and the concurrent Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) proceedings. The inability to drive could mean the loss of your job and a significant change in your family life. Our Manhattan drunk driving attorney strives to minimize the effects on your license, insurance, and lifestyle, even if that involves requesting a conditional license.
Thoroughly Investigating Your DWI Charge
Upon taking your New York drunk driving case, we will conduct a thorough investigation of your charges. That investigation includes review of the arrest report and analysis of any data gathered from blood and breath tests. We may also use experts to help us gather evidence that supports your side of the story. Probable cause for the initial stop can become a major issue in your case if there was no reason for the officer to stop you. We will also challenge the accuracy of the equipment determining blood alcohol level and the procedures used for your field sobriety test.
If the evidence against you is strong, we will aggressively negotiate to reduce your sentence, whether that means installing an ignition interlock device on your car to protect your driving privileges or finding alternative sentences to keep you out of jail.
Contact an Experienced Manhattan Drunk Driving Lawyer
Too much is at stake if you have one or multiple DWI charges, or you are facing a felony DWI conviction. To schedule an appointment with an experienced New York City DWI defense attorney regarding an alcohol-related offense that could result in license revocation, please contact Katzlawyers.com. Call us in Manhattan at 212-747-0606 or in Staten Island at 718-876-8105.
- Apr 18 - Understanding Probable Cause In DWI Cases
- Apr 18 - Isiah Thomas's son arrested for DWI in New York City
- Apr 17 - Will New York's drunk driving laws get even harsher?
- Apr 11 - Is officer's false testimony enough to throw out charges?
- Mar 26 - Why "Sleeping It Off" In Your Car Can Be A Bad Idea
- Governor Cuomo announced to permanently deny licenses to multiple DWI Offenders
- Impact of proposed BAC changes on DUI charges in New York
- Study finds diet soda can increase intoxication, lead to DUI
- New York DUI law and ignition interlock devices
- Supreme Court to decide if warrantless blood draws allowable in DWI cases
- Understanding New York’s Driver Responsibility Assessment
- DWI Consequences for New York Commercial Drivers